You probably have got one in your kitchen drawer right now!:) I’m sure you were using it not only for baking but also for cleaning (it’s very efficient!) or as a fridge odour solution. But did you know that baking soda (which is an alkalizing agent) also has got fantastic features and different health benefits?
You can use it in so many ways, for example:
- as an antiseptic solution: soda shows antibacterial and antifungal activity.
- A permanent cough and sore throat remedy: try an inhalation with hot water and 2 spoons of baking soda.
- Hygiene: natural deodorant (trust me it’s really effective)- paraben and aluminium free. Mix soda with a few drops of 3 % hydrogen peroxide and apply under your arms like a usual antiperspirant. You can also try it as a mouthwash or toothpaste (by adding coconut oil and natural peppermint extract). It’s fluoride free and neutralises acids!
- Heartburn relief: a half teaspoon of bicarbonate soda to a half glass of warm water, about 2 hours before the meal, but that shouldn’t be done too often (*read the explanation below).
- Detox: by adding baking soda to your bath (as much as you like). It promotes toxins elimination and gives a relief to muscles and irritated or itchy skin. Bath with sodium bicarbonate addition leaves skin softer and thoroughly refreshed. It’s also helpful in case of yeast infection.
- Anti- Candida supportive treatment: 1 spoon of soda to a 1 glass of warm water for maximum 3 evenings. (*read the explanation under the picture).
*Remember: PH of stomach should be always acidic! Drinking water with a baking soda for a longer period is a very bad idea. it neutralises necessary stomach acids and that could be dangerous for our health. Moderation is the key!
Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is a non-toxic, super cheap and really effective remedy for lots of problems. It balances our body PH and promotes healing.
Did you try any of those uses? Do you know other benefits of soda?