How did I grow healthier and stronger hair? What does our hair really need? There are my 5 basic and super easy hair tips, that everyone can follow. You can read My Hair History here.
It’s not over yet, but I can see a big progress so far:)
- Avoid destructive factors! One of the biggest threat to your hair is high temperature (for example- straightener). But also drying it with hot air, colouring with chemical dyes or styling with curling iron are not really hair- friendly ideas.
- Use some oil! Sounds disgusting? I can assure you it’s not so bad:) Have you ever tried natural and easy oil treatment for your hair? Check what kind of oil you have got in your kitchen: almond, coconut, flaxseed, walnut or olive- oil? Perfect! Find the best one for you and enjoy your healthy, shiny hair:) If you don’t like the idea of putting pure oil on your hair, try to add some to your mask or conditioner.
- Check ingredients of products that you’ve got in your bathroom. Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES) are strong detergents that could irritate sensitive skin and also dry your hair. Think about gentle shampoo for daily use. Isopropyl alcohol isn’t your friend neither (unfortunately, you can find it in most of the common conditioners).
- Protect your ends with serum, that helps to keep them in good condition for longer. Remember- it must be alcohol-free!
- Be gentle to your hair. Treat it like your favourite silk blouse. You wouldn’t consider ironing it with an extremely hot iron, would you? Now think about straightener (about 200 degrees) on your hair. It’s definitely not neutral for hair structure.
What are your basic haircare tips? 🙂 I would love to read what is the most important in your care or what really helped your hair to grow stronger and healthier? Maybe you are still looking for the best products and methods?